Saturday, December 26, 2015

Review: Insidious Whispers

Insidious Whispers Insidious Whispers by Serena Zane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I totally didn't realize this was part of a series! That being said, this book was completely fine to read as a standalone, but it's nice to know there are more stories out there in this world.

Beth is a half-fae who has been tasked with guarding an evil book. Seems like an OK job since she owns a magic shop of sorts. Unfortunately there appears to be an uptake in the amount of people that are determined to steal it from her. Torn into dimension, she finds herself declared the intended of the Fae Queen's son. Maybe that might be a good thing for some people, but she can prove that he isn't her soul mate using her soul-mate-sensing magical power. Oh, and the hottie vampire that she runs into turns out to be more than just an attempted book thief - he's her actual soul mate.

There's a lot of politics and deception, but this short story read as a fun, magical romance that had me happily flipping the pages. I'll have to keep my eye out for more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment