Sunday, December 27, 2015

Review: The End of the Line

The End of the Line The End of the Line by Jesi Lea Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read the series that this story is a prequel to, so I'm sure there is a lot I'm not appreciating from a character perspective. That being said, I really enjoyed this short story! These characters were amazing and the world building was obviously complex. This story did what I think short stories should do - made me want to immediately read the rest of the books by this author.

Cane is a jock with a complex past. He's the cool kid right now, but his home life is anything but perfect. His girlfriend, Lony, is the perfect compliment to his jock persona but he's tired of hiding who he really is and who he really wants. The person that he's actually in love with? That's Lony's twin sister. Pretty screwed up, right? Well, if it was sold to the reader that quickly, sure, it sounds horrible. This story, however, gives us the insight into exactly how Cane ends up with Lony and when he fell in love with her sister. It's sweet, awkward, and has a jarring ending that I'm sure is discussed further in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment