Thursday, December 25, 2014

Review: Men of the Otherworld


Men of the Otherworld
Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is a wonderful book of short stories revolving around the werewolves. It's definitely a must read for any fan of this group of characters. You can follow Jeremy's birth, to his meeting with Clay, to Clay's troubled youth, all the way to his journey of self-discovery.

Infusion (4 stars)
This story shows us how Jeremy came into this world and why he has his "feelings" about things. We also get a nice reminder about how much we all should hate Malcolm, his biological father. Sadly, not much changes in him between this story and when we hear about him again.

Savage (5 stars)
A bunch of short stories are bundled together to represent Clay's earlier years. It is *amazing* to read this after knowing the older Clay and Jeremy. Especially Jeremy. He was never really my favorite character, but the adorable guardian is now absolutely the best. If you are even the slightest bit curious about how Clay and Jeremy met and how they developed their strong bond -- this is a MUST READ.

Ascension (4 stars)
This is another bunch of short stories, this time from Jeremy's rise to become alpha. While I've heard all these stories in passing throughout the books, it was neat to see them play out from Clay's POV. I love being inside Clay's head, so it was no hardship to get through these stories. Also, since I love this world, I could read 100 of these little gems. Give me more werewolves!

Kitsunegari (4 stars)
I knew I was missing something between books when everyone seemed to know that Jeremy came from a line of fox shifters. This story gives some insight into his discovery and how he came to know his past. It's good to see the mystery runes storyline resolve itself, and always good to get more Jeremy (and Jaime).



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment