Thursday, December 4, 2014

Review: Broken


Broken
Broken by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This installment of the series might be one of my new favorites. While it doesn’t have more than a dash of Paige and Lucas, we get a whole lot of uninterrupted Clay and Elena time. Yes, there’s the added complication of her “condition,” but she certainly doesn’t let that change the way she lives her life (as much as she can fight Clay and Jeremy on it).

Admittedly when I skimmed the synopsis I was a little hesitant to start this story. Jack the Ripper? Really? I just want some Clay and Elena time. That being said, the book is really not about Jack the Ripper. The story is about how Clay and Elena can depend on one another, how they adapt to deal with a unique ghostly threat, and how all of their relationships have grown. Yes, there is a mystery of sorts in the form of a mystical portal, a letter from Jack the Ripper, and the ever present backstabbing. Oh, and there’s Jaime and Jeremy, still not dating each other, but also not dating other people. I can’t wait for the book that throws them at each other.

Elena is still the tough chick that we’ve come to expect, fighting off the bad guys while she makes sure she takes care of her growing pack. All in all, this was a really great read from start to finish, complete with HEA (although not for Jaime, yet!). This series has a way of “fast forwarding” time and switching storytellers just enough to keep me consistently interested in where it is headed.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment