Sunday, December 28, 2014

Review: Beginnings (Otherworld Stories, #0.08)


Beginnings (Otherworld Stories, #0.08)
Beginnings (Otherworld Stories, #0.08) by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I love Clay and Elena.

That being said, I'm not sure I love how their relationship started (as humans, at least). When they first meet, it's *awesome* to watch them both struggle to connect. Being in Clay's head only makes it that much sweeter. I almost wish the story just showed us the beginning of their relationship. Unfortunately, the story continues on to show Clay's issues with telling the pack, how he alienates himself from his pack brothers, and how he really messes things up for Elena.

Overall, it ended on such a sad note that it overshadowed the nice gooey feelings from the beginning. I know it's all necessary, but it really hurts to read this as a standalone story. Now I feel like I need to go back and read something that reassures me they end up happy.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment