Thursday, December 29, 2016

Review: My Day with the Vampire

My Day with the Vampire My Day with the Vampire by Danni Peck
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This short was somewhere between 2 and 3 stars. While some shorts are able to give you a good flavor in the pages allotted, this book felt very... rushed. There may have been some elements of the fated mates type of story, but it left me feeling a little bit unfulfilled.

Rayne is an orphan, living with her aunt, and she's very angry about being forced into this wealthy lifestyle. In typical teenage rebellion, she runs off one night after an argument to blow off some steam at a club. After dancing for a bit, she sits down and ends up meeting the awkward and bumbling Klaus. They seem to have some things in common, and this somehow convinces Rayne to get into his car and go to some very deserted areas. Their rushed relationship ends with a vampire reveal (obvious by the title), but we get a sort-of cliffhanger. What happens next? Hopefully the next book would have some answers?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment