Saturday, December 31, 2016

Review: Malachi

Malachi Malachi by Shiloh Walker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read one of the later installments in this series, but it was so long ago that I'm not sure I could even remember. That being said, I don't think you need exposure to the series to appreciate this prequel.

We meet Malachi, who I assume plays a strong part in the series to have such a rich backstory. He was raised a slave, tortured, tested, and forced to "service" his latest owner. All the while, he has very vivid dreams about a mystery woman who gives him hope. How or when they meet up (I certainly hope they meet up) isn't clear from this story.

Malachi certainly goes through a world of pain before finally reaching the end of his tale. He tries to do good by a lonely woman (who ends up being a vampire), gets turned into a vampire, loses his companion, and ends up alone for a while. If this is just the beginning, I am eager to see where he ends up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment