Thursday, December 29, 2016

Review: Mallory of Strange Valley (Adult Paranormal Romance Novelette)

Mallory of Strange Valley (Adult Paranormal Romance Novelette) Mallory of Strange Valley (Adult Paranormal Romance Novelette) by Kassandra Coley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This short "novelette" was one of my favorites! Who doesn't love a good succubus story and this had all the makings of a great start to a series. I am so completely bummed that it doesn't appear there was a second installment published. If it ever restarts or is lurking in the internet somewhere, I would have loved to check it out. I need answers!

Mallory (or whoever she actually is) is a succubus who has made her "living" feeding off of horny college kids. She and her BFF appear to be living a comfortable life, eating what they want, enjoying their lives until another immortal shows up. Mallory has some mysterious past that doesn't match what others experience. She's got a bit of missing time around her becoming a succubus, but it's never really bothered her before. All of that changes when an incubi shows up in one of her classes.

Obviously, there is a good amount of smuttiness in a succubus book, but I found it to be just the right amount. We need to see what Mallory goes through, right? As I said, this is the start of series, so we don't get lots of answers, but what we do get is fantastic characters and enough questions that I would have immediately picked up the next book. Mallory had all the makings of a fantastic main character.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment