Friday, December 6, 2013

Review: The Godborn


The Godborn
The Godborn by Paul S. Kemp

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I had just finished The Companions, book one of this series by R.A. Salvatore, and I enjoyed it very much. I am very familiar with Salvatore's books and characters and found it to be an enjoyable read. I assumed that all of the books in this series would be connected in some way, but that does not seem to be the case. Perhaps when further books in this series are released it will become more evident how they will tie together, if at all.

Unlike R.A. Salvatore, I have not read any prior works by this author, and I felt a little lost at times. The author does an ok job of filling in the backstory, yet I still had difficulty feeling familiar with these characters. I did enjoy the story for the most part, but it did feel a little slow, I would find myself struggling to get through certain parts. Overall not a bad read, but it felt a little too much like work at some times. I hope that the rest of this book series will tie everything together at some point, that might help me enjoy this book a bit more and make me want to re-read it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment