Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: Caged in Bone


Caged in Bone
Caged in Bone by S.M. Reine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



These books are completely addictive. They suck you in and just won't let you go! Elise and Rylie once again joined forces in what seems like a small task, but ends up exploding to apocalyptic proportions.

Abel has gone missing and the only clue they find is a rune that indicates the ever elusive James Faulkner has been somehow involved. Rylie obtains the ruler of Dis's help (aka Elise) in a cross country search for her missing mate. Elise, of course, has an agenda of her own that is a mix of guilt, rage, and conflicted love/hate feelings that still bounce around between James and Elise.

I pretty much read these books for the heartbreaking little scenes we get between James and Elise. Every time James enters on the scene, I smile. As much as I know we should all hate James by now (especially Elise), I'm rooting for every small sign of affection between the two of them. I think I finally figured out what first drew me to this book two-some. They completely remind me of Aeon and Trevor from the Aeon Flux series. It's a tortured love/hate relationship, but you still can't help but root for a happy ending. If that brings back fond memories for you, this series can't be missed. Start from the beginning, though, because all the torture is really worth it for the moments of true happiness.

There are some truly big events that happen in this book, further progressing the storyline and pushing us towards whatever massive ending this series has in store for us. We get slightly more happiness and slightly less torment by the end of the book. It's still a gritty and awesomely action-packed read that you've come to expect from S.M. Reine, with a little ray of sunshine to keep the HEA-chasers holding on to hope. I can't wait to see where this series ends up!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment