Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review: Last of the Demon Slayers


Last of the Demon Slayers
Last of the Demon Slayers by Angie Fox

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was another zany installment of the Demon Slayer series. Pretty much more of the same – wild and crazy granny bikers, steamy hot Dimitri sizzle (complete with smut), and Lizzie doubting herself while kicking butt as a demon slayer. The bonuses in this book were the return of Max (who I really like), seeing Max with a girl (that is not Lizzie), and the super sappy ending. If you know the title of the next book, then you’re already spoiled, just like I was.

After the drama in Greece, Lizzie and Dimitri (and their gang of bikers and fairy and dogs and dragon and… I think that’s it) head back to America to set up a new place to live (a bar, of course). Needless to say, things never go right for poor Lizzie and Dimitri, so planning a date night should never have even been attempted. All hell breaks loose and Lizzie ends up discovering her father and her kind of random heritage. The father storyline really made me mad, but otherwise the book was a pretty solid read. There is a lot of Lizzie falling into things and trying to stop her inner doubter from getting in the way.

I’m eager to see where Lizzie and Dimitri end up, because their relationship is pretty much why I read these books. Also, I want more Max. He’s such an interesting character and we really don’t get to see and hear enough from him.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment