Saturday, December 31, 2016

Review: Fire Touched

Fire Touched Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was such a good read! I think this had just the right combination of fae politics, pack politics, and yummy Adam/Mercy relationship awesomeness.

Mercy is once again the reason for all the trouble in this book. Sure, she didn't make a troll appear on a bridge in her town, but she certainly took it to the next level. The Walking Stick/Mercy combo ends up declaring territory for the pack and there are almost immediate repercussions. The pack is finally forced (by Adam, the most awesome mate ever) to accept and acknowledge Mercy and at the same time, they are thrown out on their own. Oh, and obviously the fae are up to no good.

Usually I'm not really big on the political aspects of these books, but this one really changed my mind. Something about the trickster-like bargaining and insane large-scale events just combined to make a really entertaining read. I was very sad when the book ended - I could read a hundred more pages just about Mercy and Adam coming out of this situation. It was also really nice to meet some new characters but be balanced by some of my favorite old ones (Zee really shines here). This book definitely has me re-hooked on the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment