Friday, December 30, 2016

Review: August Heat

August Heat August Heat by Lora Leigh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I haven't read the other installments of this series, but I don't think it really mattered. This could definitely be read as a standalone story.

We join this group of women and men during the birth of Cade's baby. I detectived out that the three men used to share their wives with one another, but since the birth of Cade's kid, that all changed. It looks like the women didn't realize that and... are out to punish them? I had a really hard time understanding why the women just couldn't have a serious conversation with their men and instead put them through hell. Sigh.

Sure, there was a heavy amount of smut, sexiness, and story, but the overall story of the men trying to figure out why their wives were cutting them off in the bedroom overshadowed everything else. Reading this story just makes me want to go back in time and see what they were like in books 1-3.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment