Friday, December 30, 2016

Review: Broken Bond

Broken Bond Broken Bond by Tiffany Heiser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This short story was a really interesting way to start a series. We get inside Bristol's head before he begins his journey into insanity and then watch him slowly deteriorate after his mate is taken from him. I assume he's the one we follow in the series?

Bristol begins his journey as a man in love. He's got some hunch that something bad will happen, but he isn't quick enough to act. It happens pretty quickly - his mate is taken and he has lost his one true love. When vampires lose their mates, they begin the slow trip to madness. First they become more thirsty for blood, then they can't quite become satisfied, then they're pretty much gone. His poor best friend is put in a horrible position to move him between the levels of their asylum, probably setting up Bristol's hatred of their kind. While this story had a historical feel to it, I found myself sucked in despite my typical tastes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment