Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vampire Moon

Vampire Moon (Vampire for Hire, #2)Vampire Moon by J.R. Rain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read the first book in this series 2 years ago and it took me until now to finally get back to this series. Taking that long a break doesn't appear to have hurt my understanding of the character or the story line at all, for which I am grateful.

Sam is still just as witty as I vaguely remembered her being. The wit and sarcasm in this book was almost on par with the Dresden Files books, where the dialog just flies by. I am a big fan of a witty and sarcastic main character, especially if they are some sort of tough supernatural.

One downside to taking such a long break between books is that I really wasn't sure what the plot of this book was. Sure, I saw the cases and followed them just fine, but the drama with her family didn't appear to be going anywhere major and her relationships with the men in her life also didn't appear to be the big story here either. If I had to peg down one big turning point aspect of this book, it would revolve around everything she and Fang talk about. Man, the chat room talk really takes me back to my internet roleplaying days! I *love* this story, and I hope that I (and Sam) love Fang, whoever he turns out to be. That's another point in this book's favor -- I have no idea how the cliffhanger at the end will turn out. Mystery abounds! Luckily I have the next book lined up to read immediately!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment