Friday, July 5, 2013

Vampire Games (Vampire For Hire #6)

Vampire Games (Vampire For Hire, #6)Vampire Games by J.R. Rain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sigh. This book really depressed me.

This book was not so very different from the others, except it really crushed my dreams of a Fang/Sam romance. I’m still holding out a little bit of hope, but I’m pretty sure there isn’t any to be had. A lot of things change in this book, so it’s an important installment. There is a lot of growth in both her acceptance of being a vampire and in how she deals with things. Almost all her relationships change in one way or another.

The case story in this book was pretty interesting, and hopefully introduced a character that will come back from time to time in future books. Or not. I’m still Team Fang. I am also decidedly anti-Kingsley, as I’ve mentioned before. I think he’s no good for Sam and she should really know that by now. Or before now. Maybe at book 2. Also, my hatred for Det. Hanner was increased to epic proportions. She really needs someone to take her down a notch, and I hope that Sam is the one to do it.

This book was sadly missing Max and a lot of Fang interaction (for obvious reasons, but still sad). I hope the next book lifts my spirits a little.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment