Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vampire Dawn (Vampire for Hire #5)

Vampire Dawn (Vampire for Hire, #5)Vampire Dawn by J.R. Rain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am actually working on reading "Samantha Moon Rising" - a compilation of books 5-7, with a short story (Teeth). I'm not really good at waiting until the end of any compilation to write a review, so I'll just review as I go along in each individual book.

This book picks up a few months (I guess) after the previous one. We get to see Sam evolve even more with her powers and (ugh) her relationship with Kingsley. I am really still firmly on Team Fang, especially after how we see him briefly in this installment. I really feel for the guy who is sadly stuck in the friend-zone for Sam. Wake up, Sam!

The big case story in this book revolved around the super secret blood trade. I guess it makes sense that she should follow through and learn where her blood comes from (and why her boyfriend was even buying blood to begin with! Team Fang!). After all this build up about this big baddie soap opera star, I felt like the ending kind of fizzled. I also really felt like I should have read this Christmas short story that is repeatedly referenced in this book.

So -- high parts of this book were the following: Fang, Max, the always quick and witty dialog from Sam. These things will always have me coming back to read the next book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment