Friday, July 5, 2013

Moon Island (Vampire For Hire #7)

Moon Island (Vampire for Hire, #7)Moon Island by J.R. Rain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not quite sure why I didn't like this book as much as the rest. Maybe it was because I hate Kingsley and how he keeps worming his way back into Sam's life (girl power and all that). Maybe it's because we have zero Fang in this one. Mostly it was probably because I'm not a real big fan of the "road trip" installments in a book series. It takes away all the characters that I like and then throws the main character in with someone I don't know (Allison).

That's not to say that Allison wasn't great. I laughed out loud while reading her banter with Sam. She was a great balance to Sam's quite depressing and panic filled outlook in this book. Maybe the reason I didn't like this one is because, rather than make any progress in the overall story, it felt like we took 2 steps backwards. 2 big steps. There was also a lot of God and whatnot. I'm not a big fan, especially when this series has been relatively light and fluffy in the way it handles supernaturals and souls.

I'm eager to see how Sam recovers in the next book, and there had better be a lot of Fang in there. Pages and pages full of Fang. And some Max, because he is always a great addition. And Det. Hanner better get slapped.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment