Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Dark Highlander

The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5)The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know I say this after reading every book in this Highlander series, but, really, this one is my new favorite! These books just keep getting better and better! This one is definitely a 4 or 5 star book to me. After Tara (from book club) said she blew through this book, I knew I should at least start the thing. She was completely right – I couldn’t put the book down! This book is filled to the brim with smut and awesomeness! There is just the right amount of “polish” on this book that I almost feel like we were following KMM’s growth as an author by going through the Highlander books in order.

This book follows Dageus through his journey, which was introduced at the end of the previous book via Drustan and Gwen’s story. The title is right on the money – he’s a dark highlander and they really really show you how dark he is throughout the book (in a sexy way). No, there are not any “rapey” scenes really, but the sex scenes really do sizzle. Chloe is a great match for Dageus, and I really loved watching them play off one another. We also got to check in with Adam and the other fae and I’m eager to see where that longer storyline ends up.

I should also note that reading this one made me want to re-read the Fever series even more! Now that I know everyone’s backstory I think the scenes at Ryodan’s club might make more sense to me. I don’t think I necessarily suffered for not reading this series first, but it’s something that has been in the back of my head while reading these books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment