Monday, December 21, 2015

Review: What the Cuff?

What the Cuff? What the Cuff? by Celia Kyle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love this author and will gladly read anything that I find from her collection. I haven’t read any other books in this series, but it really didn’t matter. This book reads well as a standalone short.

Lyssa walked in on her longtime live-in boyfriend having sex with someone else. Being a werewolf, there really was no hiding his indiscretion, but she was a little hurt that he chose a human to cheat on her with. After appropriately drowning her sorrows in a few bottles of booze, she ends up at her best friend’s house, who also happens to be a guy who has loved her forever. Rather than saddling her with a mate at 13 (when Lyssa first smelled him and went bonkers), he has been wearing a cologne to block his scent from her until he thought the time was right. Apparently the time has officially become right.

Sure, there’s not a lot of backstory or build up, but the smutty scenes are enjoyable and I always love a little paranormal twist. This was a fun read for the casual paranormal smut fan.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment