Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Review: Fate Succumbs

Fate Succumbs Fate Succumbs by Tammy Blackwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m not sure I can get through this review without at least a few spoilers, so you’ve been warned! This is the last installment in a wonderfully addictive trilogy that had lots of shifters and teenage angst.

I’m going to admit that I was completely on team Alex. I believed he was really alive. I was firmly in denial. Even when this book jammed it in my face, I fought to hold on to my belief. Alex couldn’t really be dead, right? What kind of a book would put me through that? Well, it took a while, but I can finally accept what I guess I should have known for a few books now – Alex is dead. With that acceptance, Scout spending all her time with Liam was a little easier to swallow. Yes, there was definitely a learning curve in this. Liam is not the nicest and friendliest characters and was set up as such in the previous books. This book does a really good job of sneaking all these nice things in and, without even knowing it, I was suddenly on team Liam.

So, what happens in this book (other than me fighting to hold on to my denial)? Scout is forced into hiding. After the grand escape at the end of the previous book, we see Scout on the run with Liam as her only companion. The others in her world pop in from time to time, but this is really a Scout/Liam book. What begins as escape ultimately becomes a revolution. When we met the evil alpha female, we all knew that couldn’t stay that way. Turns out, Scout is the one who is going to change that. With her odd situation and some destiny thrown in, she appears to be the best person to take the alpha’s place. It was tough to get there, but this book really delivered in a big way. The worst part of the book (other than my acceptance of Alex’s death) was having to say goodbye to all these wonderful characters. Lucky for me, though – there is a spinoff that I can drown my sorrows in.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment