Sunday, December 27, 2015

Review: Enigma

Enigma Enigma by Lora Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Woops! I didn't realize this was part of a series and read it without previous knowledge of the characters or the world. I don't think it really hurt anything except my future read of the series based on possible spoilers, but I kind of assume all characters get a HEA when I read those types of books.

This short story is hot and spicy! We watch Jordan suffer (I mean *really* suffer... it's repeated *a lot*) as he watches/stalks Tehya. Apparently they have a long history of sexual tension without any payoff. Now that they are the last two people on the base and have a guarantee that they won't be working together in the future they are free to let loose. It take a little bit of prodding, but they finally deliver a super hot hookup.

Unfortunately, Jordan just cannot stop messing this relationship up and manages to leave *everything* unsaid. I get that there is setup for the next full length book, but give the poor girl something! The story itself read nicely, although there were some date inconsistencies that I think other reviewers picked up on as well (6, 10, 8 years, etc.). I ended this story just feeling bad for both the characters because they mucked stuff up so horribly. I hope the book after this rights all these wrongs.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment