Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Review: Ill-Conceived Magic

Ill-Conceived Magic Ill-Conceived Magic by R.L. Naquin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a cute short story that fills the gap between the first and second books of the series. While not critical, it does give you a healthy dose of gargoyle with a loving splash of family drama.

Zoey ends up finding a kid. I know, I was scared, too. Will this persist? I’m not really a big kid story fan… Don’t worry – this is definitely a standalone that doesn’t necessarily tie in completely. We learn about inter-monster-racism, what Maurice has hidden inside himself, and begin to learn the gargoyle language along the way. Zoey is her usual adorably clueless self who somehow manages to muddle her way through. Maurice is still my favorite.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment