Thursday, October 31, 2013

Review: Darkness Hunts


Darkness Hunts
Darkness Hunts by Keri Arthur

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



These books are really addictive. This one in particular left me really wanting more.

It felt like this book found us with Risa constantly having the same two conversations over and over. "I don't trust Lucian, but I want him, and Azriel hates him" and "I really want Azriel, but we can't be together, but we want to be together." On their own, it wouldn't be so painful, but together and on repeat made the book a little frustrating. Especially since I'm fully in Team Azriel, and have been off of Team Lucian for quite some time.

While the larger keys story did not really progress in this book, we did get to check in while a lot of Team Risa to see how everyone is dealing with the fact that poor Risa's life is filled with constant danger. I was also happy with the further incorporation of Markel. It was also nice to see a lot more faces from the original series.

All in all, this book was a great read, just not necessarily a key installment for the series. I'm hoping that with the way this book ended, things will ramp up quickly in the next one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment