Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review: The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers


The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers
The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers by Angie Fox

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This book was another fun read that followed Lizzie on her adventures in Demon Slaying. It was still the same silly gang, complete with biker grannies and talking dogs. I'm not really sure that I liked this one as much as the first book, but it was close.

We get to see a very controlling yet still sizzling hot Dimitri, although not nearly enough of him. Lizzie gets stuck in this spiral of "I don't need anyone!", then "I need help!", then back to "I don't need anyone!", etc etc. One of my pet peeves is whiney female main characters, and this book bordered on pushing my buttons.

There was a bunch of relationship development, mostly in the form of a sort of power struggle between Dimitri and Lizzie. At first I was worried Lizzie would roll into Las Vegas to find Dimitri playing it up with some strippers, but I'm glad that this series doesn't appear to be playing the break up/make up card just yet.

I was also happy to see a new character, in the form of Max, who we will hopefully see more of in the future books. I look forward to seeing where the story goes from here!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment