Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Review: Transmonstrified

Transmonstrified Transmonstrified by R.L. Naquin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this book just so I could finally say I’d finished the entire Monster Haven series.

I had already read a few of these stories and have some experience in the Unamused Muse world, too, but these were still fun, quick stories to read. The two new stories in the Monster Haven world were about Kam and Riley. The Kam story was adorable and, having read one of the spin-off books, I wish her own series had the same light heartedness to it. She solves a sort of mystery and does her job all in one night’s work.

Riley’s story shows his start in the reaper business and actually allowed me to appreciate Art in time for the final book. I think Art is largely misunderstood as a character. Riley I still love, but since he spends the majority of the books telling Zoey that she’s trying to get herself killed, it was nice to just see Riley on his own for once.

If you (like me) are obsessed with finishing all the books and short stories in a series, reading this one will help you feel complete. If you don’t feel the need to do that, you can absolutely skip over the shorts without missing anything in the main storyline. I think they were worth the read, especially if you haven’t read the other, previously published Monster Haven shorts in this collection.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment