Saturday, September 14, 2019

Review: A Kid's Guide to Drawing Cartoon Animals (Happy Fox Books) From Kid Scoop, Step-by-Step Instructions and Trace-and-Draw Sketches for Elephants, Crocodiles, Tigers, Sea Horses, Sharks, Pandas, & More

A Kid's Guide to Drawing Cartoon Animals (Happy Fox Books) From Kid Scoop, Step-by-Step Instructions and Trace-and-Draw Sketches for Elephants, Crocodiles, Tigers, Sea Horses, Sharks, Pandas, & More A Kid's Guide to Drawing Cartoon Animals (Happy Fox Books) From Kid Scoop, Step-by-Step Instructions and Trace-and-Draw Sketches for Elephants, Crocodiles, Tigers, Sea Horses, Sharks, Pandas, & More by Vicki Whiting
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OK, full disclosure - I used this book myself. I am no artist and have struggled with trying to take a stab at drawing. I figured using a kids book might be less pressure and have a greater variety of adorable drawings . I was right! It even gives you some very helpful words in the beginning of the book, letting you know that it's OK if your drawings don't turn out identical to those in the book.

My husband and I set out to show how awesome we could be at art by flipping through this book together, armed with crayons, pencils, and drawing paper. I chose a few to demo and I have to say - the steps were totally doable! Otter may have been the most challenging for me, but that was probably because some steps seemed rather large in expectations. This book would definitely entertain kids and I'm sure they would do an even better job than me and my husband. We sometimes got in our own way by assuming we knew the next thing to draw, only to have to erase or go back. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great activity (with or without kids!).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment