Saturday, September 14, 2019

Review: Big Vamp on Campus

Big Vamp on Campus Big Vamp on Campus by Molly Harper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Again, I'm powering through this series, complete with all the short stories. Since it seemed to be somewhat important to complete the "in-betweens," I was even willing to listen to some Jamie and Ophelia time. Yuck.

Ophelia was "sentenced" to going to college with her boyfriend. Yeah, I don't think it was a real punishment, but it certainly seems like it to Ophelia. I figured this book was going to be the one where I suddenly didn't hate her. Nope. I still really don't like her and I don't get the Ophelia/Jamie thing even more now that I got an inside view. For someone so very old, she definitely is not in a healthy one and should probably know that. It almost hurt to watch it happen.

The most important part of this book was the introduction of Ophelia's friends, who play a prominent role in the next full length book. There were a bunch of loose ends thrown in (some that don't even get wrapped up in the next book, maybe just dead ends?), but I guess you can't expect big things from a short read. If you are okay playing catch up in the next book, I would recommend skipping this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment