Monday, January 6, 2014

Review: Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter #21)

Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #21)Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

You know, I almost forgot to review this book -- that's how forgettable it was. I finished it today, after months and months of stalling, and even though it wasn't anything fancy or new, I know I'll still read the next one.

The books are what they are. This one has *a lot* of police procedural and preachy lawmaker/law enforcement rhetoric. I had to take a break for a little bit after it got to be too much for me. I would much rather just have her go back to really long bedroom scenes and lots of men. Speaking of the men, when the police talk finally ended and she went home, we didn't really get a reprieve. Yes, there was lots of sexy time, but it was overshadowed by some serious man drama. Everyone is having their feelings hurt. Everyone wants more of Anita, or more love, or more attention. It got really old pretty quickly, especially when it felt almost like filler.

The main story revolves around a group of vampires that are against Jean Claude's rule as master. See? That was straight forward, right? I actually had to think about what the story was, though, because there is so much extraneous junk going on that there wasn't a lot of time actually spent on that. Of course, Anita is the center of everything, so she keeps getting pulled into crazy situations.

I wish this series would decide if it was erotica or police procedural, because the balance was *way* off in this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment