Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Review: Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck

Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not sure what the right order to reading these books is, but I went back here after reading book #1 (which works, I think, since now I know everybody).

This book is set before Book#1, timeline-wise, so we get to go back in time to watch the epic southern romance that is Marianne and Carl. We join Marianne while she is still in law school mode, coming back home at the insistence of her mother for a long summer break. She dumped Carl before heading off to school, so there is awkwardness for miles when Carl ends up giving her a ride to town after her accident.

Don't worry, we don't spend too much time watching him date other women or having oodles of misunderstandings, but we still have to go through some stuff to get our HEA. Don't expect big, dirty scenes of sexiness and car repair, either. This one is romance only, no naughty bits. It was nice to see their back story, pre-kids and general life stuff. Onwards to the next book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment