Sunday, January 19, 2020

Review: Where Winter Finds You

Where Winter Finds You Where Winter Finds You by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read these books without even looking at the synopses now. That is my mistake, because when I learned this was a book about Trez, I was so very disappointed. The book itself was OK - we got to where we needed to, but, jeez, this guy can't catch a break.

We join Trez while he contemplates suicide. Seriously. This book is filled with the suicide talk. I get it, they did him wrong and he's the only guy to not get a HEA at the end of his story. I knew we would eventually need to get there, but, gah, this hurt. Therese is a girl who looks exactly like Trez's lost love. This has obviously made this super weird for everyone who knew the old lady love and now meets this one. Also, Trez is 100% cool with shacking up with her, assuming she's the replacement lady love. Weird, but OK. There is a lot of hand wavey timey wimey business at play here, so just go with it.

For once, it was almost like we focused on a single story here, for good or bad. We learn very little about the happenings outside of Trez's trainwreck of a love story. Do we finally get a HEA for him? Yes. Does it feel slightly dirty(not in a good way)? Yes. Will I continue to read all these books? Again, yes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment