Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Review: Bewitched, Blooded and Bewildered

Bewitched, Blooded and Bewildered Bewitched, Blooded and Bewildered by Robyn Bachar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These books are so weird. I still don't know how I feel about them. The previous book was so good and then we flip back to a different POV and I'm ... lost again.

So, we join Lex and Cat, who are still struggling with Cat and Zach's blood connection. One good thing to come out of that relationship? Faust. He is totally the star here, but I digress. There were rumblings in previous books about some magical folks disappearing at the hands of black ops types and that continues here. What's the one thing that can get supernatural folks over their petty issues? Nothing, but, well, maybe this. As the disappearances continue to climb, Cat and Lex are forced to gather their varied resources. Oh, and, yeah, the blood link that was so impossible to break and might never let them be free? That is addressed quickly in the first part of this book.

Sooooo, act 1 shows us how silly we were for believing that the "big thing" was so big. Act 2 begins with a resolution to the other "big thing" - Riley's challenge to Cat's authority. Also resolved here. Also stupid quick. That left just the big bad in the form of kidnappings and general end of the world level stuff. I won't say that was easy, because it wasn't and there's a lot of carnage, but that's pretty much still in the same place at the end here, waiting for another installment (which, of course, I will read with my book club ladies).

Overall impressions? Maybe I'm just bad at spotting what the big story line is? Or overly grossed out by gross questionable consent things? Either way, I think the previous book was still my favorite here. Can we go back to Riley?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment