Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Review: Sweet Tea and Sympathy

Sweet Tea and Sympathy Sweet Tea and Sympathy by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have found an author that I will gladly read anything from. This, combined with the excellent audiobook narrator, means I am rapidly working my way through this collection (quicker than I can review).

This is the "first" (not counting a short prequel) book in the "Southern Eclectic" series. Set in the small town of Lake Sackett, Georgia, we get to meet a nice, random assortment of characters. The main character, Margot, has become recently unemployed as a fancy party planner thanks to a "flamingo incident." This, due to the meme-able nature of the incident, has made her essentially unemployable in her typical social circles. Enter her long lost/estranged family, offering her a job at McCready Family Funeral Home and Bait Shop. Not her first choice, but it's pretty much her only choice at this point.

She really quickly ends up being a great experience for Margot, no matter how much she fights it. New bonds are formed, life lessons are learned, and she even finds a hottie to hook up with along the way. I was happy that this is less about Margot deciding her future based on a guy and more her finding herself. I'm in for all the books in the series, especially if I get to watch the other wild and crazy characters pair off.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment