Wednesday, June 1, 2022

The Darkest King

The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)The Darkest King by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think this book suffers from too much hype. If people were disappointed by the book about William's supposed destined mate previously, this will probably not meet expectations.

William has lived most of his immortal life trying to break his curse. His book is coded, so I guess it makes sense that he would ultimately be paired with a code breaker. I think the supposed disappointment will come in the fact that she's a new entity (though the breed has been mentioned before) and, well, she's essentially a carbon copy of all William's dialogue. Reading this book was like reading William falling in love with himself. So... did it deliver on finding his ultimate mate? I guess so, since William can probably only truly love himself.

There's other bits to this book, but it reads as very much a tying up of loose ends and reunion at the end. Is this the end of the series? It feels like it, either way. While I enjoyed the witty banter it might be a little strong for some readers. Smut level was good, but that's to be expected with William and the rest of the lords.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment