Friday, June 10, 2022

Ignite the Fire: Incendiary

Ignite the Fire: Incendiary (Cassandra Palmer, #11)Ignite the Fire: Incendiary by Karen Chance
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have no idea how to rate this book, so I'm going to break it down into sections.

Enjoyment: Did I enjoy this book? Sometimes I did - the imagery is fun and the action is good, but I found myself almost bored with the constant craziness at this point. Is that wrong of me? Cassie is perpetually in danger but we usually get to some sort of... reason for it? This book felt a lot like filler. Lots and lots of filler, which is sad, because there is a lot we have to accomplish for Cassie to resolve all these issues!

Writing: The writing style is still great and full of insanity - in a good way for the writing aspects of this book. While I was bored sometimes, the author pulled me back to muddle through. I enjoy the dynamics between the characters, but the overall story that was supposed to pull me through was where I found it lacking.

Overall: I need to take a break from this series before going back for the next book (part 2?). Was this just a start of a story and I get the rest in the next one? I'm not really sure I'm ready for that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment