Saturday, June 25, 2022

Shifter Battles

Shifter Battles (Thea Grove Vampire Hunter, #2)Shifter Battles by Molly Webb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am absolutely addicted to this series. I can't wait for more! I was surprised all over again when book 2 delivered as much if not more enjoyment than book 1 for me!

Thea is a hard working family outcast who is just trying to do what's right. What happens to be right in this story? A number of magical kids are getting struck down with a curse after seemingly unconnected events. It even impacts her mysterious dragon shifter friend's clan, which means Thea is obviously taking this unpaid gig. Throw in some politics, traumatic deaths, attacks, and as much mayhem as one book can contain and you've got a couple days in the life of Thea Grove.

A real highlight of this book was the slow burn between Thea and Marcus. No, we don't get the smut I may be used to, but it is really great to see Thea navigate the "normal" world outside her family's influence, while trying to reconcile her past. As her confidence grows, I can't wait to see what battles she wins next. Oh, and who doesn't love a cat as a main character?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment