Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Give Up The Ghost

Give Up The Ghost (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #11)Give Up The Ghost by Angie Fox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Angie Fox does it again - takes something as simple as a buried time capsule and engages us in a surprising murder mystery tale.

We join the crew at the unveiling of the time capsule which was where we left them all at the end of the previous book. The reveal? A burn book (which I only understand because of Mean Girls, thankyouverymuch). Said burn book ends up being a lot more dangerous than it appears, and manages to pull in all the different characters in Verity's life. Even her skunk! OK, maybe not her skunk, but she's involved in other aspects of the story. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time - not because of the murder (which was engaging, but still - I'm invested!). I kept waiting to see if we resolve the ever-present Frankie story.

In the ways of things, this ends up crossing into Frankie's story (complete with horses and goats, and endless drama). Who knew a hairdresser might be the answer to all their prayers, just no in the hair department. Have no fear, though, because while we get some resolution and solid steps forward, we still have a good crew together at the end. We even get some surprising new... friends? I guess we'll go with friends. Maybe more like partners in crime. That suits them better. Overall, this book was fun, quick, and surprising - bring on even more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment