Sunday, May 15, 2022

Druid Lords

Druid Lords (Caledonia Fae, #4)Druid Lords by India Drummond
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What does it mean when a book that focuses on the newly introduced character stands out as more interesting than the previous few? While I liked some other druids, Huck or the writing style here really hooked me more than the previous books.

We met Huck when he was spotted by the *sigh* problem I have with most of this story. I'd like to minimize talking about forgiving a rapist and person who may still be a little girl then ... nevermind. I'm not mentioning it at all.

Huck is adapting to new druid life but hasn't made the full leap. He has been even trying to make money in the human world for no real reason, and it's that task that ends up getting him introduced to his lady love interest. There is a lot of leaping done in the relationship department here than puts him firmly on the path to save her from a pretty wild fae queen and her death sentence. There is more talk of lack of consent, torture, and not a lot of answers about a woman who can do some fae magic. Turns out druids can be female, maybe? Overall, I liked the cohesive story that ends up nudging us closer to a more interesting world for the next books.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment