Thursday, February 20, 2020

Review: Wolf's Bane

Wolf's Bane Wolf's Bane by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a while since I visited with the Otherworld characters. This world is comfortable and familiar, but this book left me wanting more (I guess that's what's supposed to happen?)

We join Kate and Logan in full teenager mode. They are no longer the little kids we knew and are going through some growing pains. Kate recently went through something traumatic, which somehow escaped Logan's notice. Enter mom and dad, with a plan to send them off to supernatural summer camp, also known as a leadership conference. This has bad idea written all over it, but they go, determined to represent the werewolf contingent as something more than murderous animals.

Things go downhill quickly. While it was nice to introduce some new supernatural friends, the horror movie plot here became the real focus of the story. There is a big build up to the reveal of how truly terrible the camp has become and then... it ends. Really abruptly. We are talking "monsters attacking, how are we going to survive" abruptly. This may have overshadowed how much I enjoyed seeing Kate and Logan again because it is pretty hard to accept. I can't believe I have to wait until the next book to get any true resolution here. Sigh.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment