Sunday, February 2, 2020

Review: Peachy Flippin' Keen

Peachy Flippin' Keen Peachy Flippin' Keen by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, to set expectations appropriately, this is not so much a standalone novella, and instead more of lead in to the next full length book. Do you absolutely need to read this before the next one? No, you'll get most of this information in summary eventually. But I like seeing inside Frankie's head, so I'm all in!

Frankie is one of the most interesting characters we met in the first book of this series, so I was excited to see we were headed into her story next. This sets the stage for the two big stories in the next book - the annoying punk kid who is Frankie's boss's son who absolutely cannot stop trying to break into the funeral home, and the new sheriff in town.

The new sheriff, because that is the more fun of the two stories, turns out to be a guy Frankie hooked up with and snuck out on a little while ago. He ended up taking that personally, which makes their professional working relationship a bit tense at first. Frankie is also trying to find her own way to become independent, which means this is one more pile of drama she doesn't need right now.

The annoying punk kid storyline is... annoying. So much so, that I wanted to reach through my iphone and throttle him. Ugh, I can't wait for that to be resolved, but I'll have to go into the full length book to get there, undoubtedly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment