Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Review: The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate

The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate by Fran Hauser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I grabbed this book from audible when the title and description came up on my suggested reads. Specifically, "achieving a career you love without becoming a person you hate." I'm a career driven woman, and have often been told to be meaner, to yell, to get angry at someone to accomplish something. It took me a while to become confident in myself to know that I don't want to be that person and I'd rather go about it in a way that I can respect and live with myself afterwards than to please what others perceive as "powerful."

This book covers a little bit of everything. While not that much was particularly new to me, the way it all leveraged having a core of "niceness" helped me frame it all in a different light. I got some "to-do"s out of the read and some development goals, which was my ultimately reason for reading this. It's good that I'm getting reinforcement for some core values I've been living with, and it's always good to get tips and tricks from someone who has "made it."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment