Sunday, January 12, 2020

Review: Jessie's Harem: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Novel

Jessie's Harem: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Novel Jessie's Harem: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Novel by Mandy Rosko
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a reverse harem with some dirty business, some evil wizards, dragons, and werewolves. Oh, and there's a succubus/ghoul, too!

Jessie is the succubus/ghoul. We meet her as she is enslaving the alphas of warring dragon and wolf shifters, which then grows into enslavement of their second in commands, making 4 total enslaved shifters. Why? Well, she's trying to escape from her evil "master" and generally bad wizard dude. What's everyone's names? Maybe I'm not so smart, because I had some serious trouble keeping them all straight. I also didn't necessarily care about each of them as individual characters, since they mostly act as a group.

Let's go back to Jessie, though. She's had a rough life, but rather than explaining that, it comes out in some truly awkward times and has to be forcefully extracted from her. I had a really hard time feeling bad for her or even feeling good about where this book takes us. The consent is murky at best and generally left a bad taste in my mouth. Usually I'm game for all sorts of strange paranormal romance stories, but something about this never quite grabbed me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment