Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Review: How to Lead When You're Not in Charge: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority

How to Lead When You're Not in Charge: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority How to Lead When You're Not in Charge: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority by Clay Scroggins
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I always finish books, even the bad ones, but I just couldn't get through this one. I ended up exchanging it through audible (thanks!) because it was definitely not what I signed up for.

This book is first and foremost a book about being a Christian (which I'm not). I'm someone who is not in charge but wants to leverage my influence. I thought I could ignore the verses and the bible talk, but it was 90% bible and "followers of Jesus" lead-ins with very little actual practical advice. I got about 50% of the way through and it seemed to be getting even heavier on the god and lighter on the practical advice. I'm very sad because the topic is something I'm really interested in. There has to be a way to write a book for all audiences that still covers the same topic, right?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment