Sunday, January 12, 2020

Review: Better Homes and Hauntings

Better Homes and Hauntings Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a self-proclaimed Molly Harper addict. After working through much of her other books, I discovered this one dangling all out here on its own. A standalone? I'm in!

This story involves many different perspectives, from the good guys to the bad guys and everywhere in between. It all revolves around the renovation of a house in the middle of nowhere that is believed to be haunted and/or cursed. No big deal, right? Well, in the group of "good guys" is a gardner named Nina, a master black belt organizer named Cindy, a construction leader named Jake, and a billionaire and owner of the haunted house named Deacon. We are later joined by Deacon's quirky cousin Dotty, who is a haunting believer and master mystery solver.

So, why's the place haunted? Well, there is a mystery in the form of Catherine (the homeowner's wife) and her unsolved murder. Don't worry, we get to the bottom of that, but first we get to meet and learn way more than you could ever possibly need to know about all the house's guests. Most notably we get to watch the budding romance between Deacon and Nina, which was adorable. As a murder-mystery, it definitely surprised me, so that's a step in the right direction. It as a very entertaining read and made me a little sad it was a standalone. I enjoyed all the characters and their quirks, as I've come to expect from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment