Sunday, January 19, 2020

Review: Demon Bound

Demon Bound Demon Bound by Chris Cannon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a rollercoaster ride! I don't think I was ready for the winding path we took from start to finish here, but I'm firmly hooked.

Meena is a simple girl - give her books, her cats, and she's happy. Unfortunately, to feed her book addiction, she is forced to look for summer work. Said summer work comes in the form of housekeeping staff to the local shut-in. Carol, the shut-in, is actually a witch who hunts demons, and things spiral out of control from there. Meena ends up bound to a demon, collecting souls and learning way too much about the town's demon and supernatural addictions.

The one bright spot in all of this much is Jake. He's dragged into all sorts of supernatural nonsense. For a guy in town for the summer, he gets put through the ringer a whole bunch in a short amount of time. He does get to meet Meena and they have a drama-filled love affair. There's so much jammed into this story - fairies, vampires, cats, demons, ice cream, blue hair, witches, suicide, love, lust - that there is absolutely so simple way to sum it all up. I'm in, though. Give me more of this insane world and I'll happily gobble it up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment