Monday, January 8, 2018

Review: Vampire Requiem

Vampire Requiem Vampire Requiem by J.R. Rain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a very short story that gives some closure to the Nancy/Sam storyline. While she is still struggling with her inner demon (or inner vampire?), she is definitely still a force to be reckoned with. I like where this seems to be headed, and this short story was just what I needed to want to jump back into this series.

This story starts with a very strange yet pleasant interaction between Nancy and Sam. Sure, most people wouldn’t want to hang out with their ex-husband’s widow girlfriend, but Sam is definitely not most people. These two have a very tentative truce, but that’s put to the test when Sam gets a frantic text from Nancy indicating that she’s in some very real trouble.

While not everyone gets out of this story alive, it definitely helped me further wrap my head around the strange relationships Sam has. I like her quirkiness and her determination to fight the “evil” inside of her. I’ll be picking up the next book in the series as soon as I can.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment