Monday, January 29, 2018

Review: Don't Rush Me

Don't Rush Me Don't Rush Me by Jackie May
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was everything that I want in a book and didn’t even know to ask for. The characters were phenomenal and I absolutely cannot wait to see what happens next for this band of paranormal misfits! From start to finish, I couldn’t put this book down, sneaking in some reading sessions even when I had only a few minutes break. If that doesn’t say something about this book, I don’t know what does.

The main character is Nora. She’s been through some seriously dark business in her past which has shaped her into the woman she currently is. Because of her emotional baggage, there really isn’t a big romance element in this book, but the story and characters kept me hooked. To make Nora’s life just a little more complicated, she’s also got a secret paranormal power that lets her pick up on impressions left on objects and thoughts directly from anyone she touches. She’s usually pretty good at hiding and avoiding attention (especially from paranormals), but when her rapist next door neighbor abducts her, she finally takes a risk on the group she is loosely a part of. While the paranormals might have temporarily solved her problem, she quickly realizes her life has gotten tons more complicated now.

From abduction to more abduction to troll rampages to frat boys, Nora’s life is insane but somehow I was eagerly along for the ride. I’m dying to know what flavor of paranormal everyone is, how the “underworld” infrastructure works, what Nora’s past might really be, and how someone so abused can form the most amazing friendships. I loved every second of this book – even the dark ones! If you’re looking for a fabulous book set in a great world with wonderful characters, look no further!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment