Thursday, March 2, 2017

Review: Animus

Animus Animus by Xandrie Kovak
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story is available by signing up for the mailing list. I, of course, could not resist getting a glimpse into the enigmatic Lucas Masters’ past. You get hints about the amount of baggage he has, but it is nothing like living it through his story.

Lucas was confronted with the murder of his entire pack and, rather than giving up, he chose to infiltrate the Red Crescent pack to take his revenge. What seems like a pretty straightforward plan ends up taking a lot longer than anticipated. Through his time there we get to see new relationships form, some pretty gruesome acts committed by the alpha, and watch Lucas take shape before our eyes.

I admit, I was a little reluctant to believe that making a young kid alpha was the smart move, but after seeing Lucas survive everything that’s ever come his way, he more than deserves his place. I also think that readers should definitely read this one between book 1 & 2 so that you get to appreciate the growth of Lucas and West. This is a must read for the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment