Thursday, August 1, 2013

Review: A Tale of Two Demon Slayers


A Tale of Two Demon Slayers
A Tale of Two Demon Slayers by Angie Fox

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'm pretty sure that I liked this one more than the previous books. It had its faults, but there was way more Dimitri and that's always a good thing!

This book started off great -- Lizzie is finally going with Dimitri to meet his family. That made me stupidly think that we would get a vacation book out of this, filled with smut and awesomeness. Totally not the case. I should have learned my lesson from the other books -- Lizzie never has a moment when she is not in mortal danger. Really. Ever. Sure, she gets some kisses and a teeny bit of smut time, but right afterwards, everything blows up, or catches fire, or blows up and catches fire.

This book also reinforced Lizzie's insecurities. It pretty much revolved around her wanting to break up with Dimitri for his own good (again, just like in the last book). This kind of stuff drives me crazy when it comes from someone who should be a great tough chick main character. Dimitri really needs to finish whipping her into shape, because he is still the same amount of awesome he was when we met him.

There was a good dose of insanity and hilarious scenes that kept me entertained. I really hope the next book involves more of Lizzie's tougher side and she gets rewarded with oodles of smutty scenes.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment