Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review: Glimmer


Glimmer
Glimmer by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book might be my favorite of the series. I know that I’m only two books in, but the characters are just so absolutely great. I’m not saying that they aren’t flawed and whatnot, it’s just that I’ve fallen in love with each and every one of them. The author’s writing style is also one of my favorites. I love the language and the “realness” of the characters. Yes, they’re young. I don’t care if they are drinking and having sex. It’s like I’m getting the best of both worlds – a YA book with adult themes and plotlines. I love it.

Maybe I’m a sucker for an ensemble cast, but this group of characters really had me furiously flipping pages to get more! Ben, Christopher, Zellie, and Avery (and Mel) are so fabulous together that I wish this weren’t just a trilogy. The dialogue is fast paced and matches the action jam packed into this book. For me, the pacing was perfect. I don’t like a drawn out final battle and this book wrapped things up nicely for me. No cliffhangers (really... kind of… sort of) and we see the character developing and growing with each chapter. Give me a hundred of these books and I still would want more. I’m addicted to this author now!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment